Sat 26
Peacehaven & Tels
1st Team
T McCreadie (14' Pen), (88' Pen)
McCreadie Brace Sinks Peacehaven

McCreadie Brace Sinks Peacehaven

By Steve Roberts

Peacehaven & Telscombe 1-2 Langney Wanderers

Match Report by Steve Roberts
Photos by Steve Mills

Langney Wanderers this week travelled down the coast to Peacehaven & Telscombe FC, once again in search of those elusive 3 points.

New signings Richard Pingling & Joe Summerbell came straight into the team along with the returning Paul Rogers.

The match got off to a bright start from a Wanderers point of view with Richard Pingling having a couple of early opportunities as we dominated the early exchanges.

Langney got the reward for that positive start in the 14th minute when Paul Rogers was sent clean through. He beat the onrushing Alieu Secka to the ball and the keeper clattered into Rogers. The referee awarded a penalty which was then dually dispatched by Trevor McCreadie while Secka received a yellow card for his trouble.

This seemed to stir Peacehaven into life and they started to gradually impose themselves more on the game and create some chances whilst Langney looked dangerous on the counter.

Peacehaven managed to get the ball in the net in the 34th minute. A long ball in got stuck in the swirling wind which caused problems for Dan Hutchins, he failed to collect it cleanly and the Haven bundled the ball in at the second attempt by Callum Hart. The assistant who was in a good position flagged immediately for a push on Dan and the goal was scratched off much to Peacehavens dismay.

Peacehaven continued to look the more likely in the too score in the final 10 minutes of the half but could not get a clear effort.

Half Time 0-1

Peacehaven came straight out the second half to create a couple of excellent chances but found Dan Hutchins in inspired form.

The game continued in much the same way as the end of the first with Peacehaven on the front foot and Langney causing problems on the break. Though both teams final ball was all too often lacking the quality needed.

Callum Hart looked the most likely to score for Peacehaven and he duly did when he stabbed the ball home following a corner. Dan Hutchins made the initial save from a Haven head but could not keep Harts effort out. It seemed like groundhog day once again for Wanderers conceding late on from another set piece.

Wanderers heads didn't drop though and they would have another opportunity just 3 minutes later to take the lead. Gary Ingram was brought down in the box just as he was shaping up to shoot. Again the penalty was duly awarded and once again Trevor McCreadie stepped up to bury it beyond Secka.

Peacehaven would create one more chance to equalise but once again Dan Hutchins was on hand.

Full Time 1-2

Not exactly a football classic with a strong cold wind blowing. Clear chances were few and far between for both teams, though Dan Hutchins made some excellent saves when called upon.

Peacehaven certainly didn't show enough of the quality we know they have and both teams final ball was all too often disappointing.

Peacehaven also felt harshly treated by the referee and spent a lot of time arguing decisions which perhaps effected there composure at times. Normally something associated with Langney.

A much needed 3 points for Langney following a long baron spell, with some good individual performances but more importantly a good all-around team performance.

Next up is the visit of AFC Uckfield to Priory Lane (Saturday 2nd February) in what will be another difficult match.

#TheWanderers #ComeOutToPlay #LWFC

MOTM Trevor McCreadie

Langney Wanderers are sponsored by Sussex Cars 726726

Match details

Match date

Sat 26, Jan 2019






Premier Division

League position

Peacehaven & Tels
Langney Wanderers
Trevor McCreadie

Player of the match

Trevor McCreadie